Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Maybe I'll try this out

So, maybe I can use this medium as a means of journaling (since I am lax in writing in the physical form). We'll see if I can be effective in this capacity.

This past week I traveled to Lake Tahoe to attend a doctoral consortium with the AAA (American Accounting Association). Sounds pretty exciting I know, but I was able to meet some awesome individuals and I learned a lot. The attendees at the consortium were one PhD student from about 100 different universities. The highlight of the conference was the use of the term grammatacentric panopticism. Now there is a great word.

Now it is back to the grind though and a continuance of teaching my class. I think the class is going well, and the mid-term scores weren't too shabby. (Though I do question whether it was due to my teaching skills, or their ability to read the text. . . )

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Amanda, welcome to the world of blogging!! I'm like you, I have used it as a "large plates of Nephi" type of journal where I can record some of our yearly experiences then at the end of the year, I hope to put it all in book form so I can have a record of some of the things that we have done. Annie got us all started on this and it has also been a good way for us all to "see" what we have been doing. Mary's always gives us a laugh!
It was great to see you while in Afton. We love you and your family. There are so many people that we felt so close to in Afton and try to stay in touch with, and your family is one of those! Keep up the blogging so we can know what you are up to!

Debbie said...

oops, what I meant to say was, it was good to see Alison while were in Afton, as well as your mom. I'm so glad that you and Annie were able to hook up at least once while they were in DC.

Jennifer said...

Amanda, I can't even begin to say that word that was the highlight of the conference. wowzer...I need to get back in school, the only words I specialize in are poopy, beebee (binky) Baabaa (bottle), juice and NOOOOOO! So anyway...posts some more updates and some pics this time so I can see my friend. Anyway...chat with you later dude! -Jenn

wilfordfamily2003 said...

Hey Amanda,
Looks like you need to update your journaling. LOL! I'm glad to see I can now write comments back to you. Keep it up! I'm glad you enjoyed the video of the kids. You are special!

Daisy Paige said...

Hey you nerd, update! I didn't even know you started a blog but then I clicked here and saw only one entry.

PS - I'm pretty sure anonymous is Doug because he's too scared of his wife to post as himself.

Daisy Paige said...

And once again you comment on my blog and when I pop over here to see what you've been up to, nada.

*taps fingers*